Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Chicken Hunting Dogs Cook Own Goose

Spring is coming and everybody's chickens are running loose again. Bobik and/or Volk got another one of our neighbour's hens on their afternoon run about. They are behind bars for keeps now. I'm not sure I can even take them for a walk off leash as they don't listen well if there are chickens to chase and when we come home from the walk, they will be less than cooperative at going back into their yard. So the mutts are now yard bound until I figure out a cure.

Should have known they were going to make trouble. They were at each other's throats from the time I let them out. I walked out on the balcony and they were scrapping right below me. I let out a string of expletives, eg "Nice doggies, don't fight", and they couldn't find the source of my voice. Their puzzled expressions were so funny. Finally I said "This is God speaking*. Go and fight no more".

*Years ago, my neighbour was mowing her lawn one Sunday mid-morning. She couldn't hear me over the mower so I threw little apples at her over the high fence. between our yards. (Their tree hung over into our yard). She was looking all over for the source of the flying apples and thought maybe "God was after her" for not going to Mass that morning.

1 comment:

  1. OK. this is total proof that your blog has "gone to the dogs" at an early stage. About what I expected.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged. But if you include a commercial link, it will be deleted. If you comment anonymously, please use a name or something to identify yourself. Trolls will be deleted