Friday, July 17, 2009

Judge a Book by Its Cover

LynnieC, my Librarian daughter, provided a link in one of her blogs to a site featuring the worst possible book covers, called "Judge a Book by its Cover".

JBC in turn provided links to a site featuring the top 20 best spoof book covers here and here. Warning: Do NOT read with your mother or your 10 year old looking over your shoulder. A few are beyond questionable taste.

My favourite of them all was this one. Where was it when I was reading Dr. Souse for the 5, 732, 461st time? I would have read them this one and then they would have grown up all warped and twisted like me.

7 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I'm already scarred from your "Baby Bear does tricks on the lawn. I wonder who Trix is?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trix was obviously a one night stand as she was never mentioned again in the book. At least Goldilocks got to sleep in his bed.
    By the way "Masha and Tri Medved" is originally a Russian folk tale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No matter how you raise your kids, they always end up twisted one way or another. I went home and saw DISASTER as far as my eye could see. I also found ALL my mail dating from April, and I'd been turned into two different collection agencies. My daughter (who is "maintaining" the house "for me" said "HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THEY WERE IMPORTANT BILLS?"

    I said "OPEN THEM!!!!!"

    Guess who is out of my WILL?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah ha haha - that sci-fi book cover is awesome! Thanks for the lovely comments over at my blog. I'm doing well and definitely thinking about possibly trying to maybe start updating more. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dad, I almost died when I saw the cover for "Click, Clack, Splish, Splash" Holy Junk, now thats funny, I don't care who you are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many years ago, when Trudeau won his last election, beating Joe Clark, Maragret called him up to congratulated him and said "Oh, by the way, I'm sleeping with Ted Kennedy tonight". Pierre said "That's nice. Just make sure he drives you home afterwards".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'll leave the rest of the book covers alone. There's only so much that my virgin eyeballs can take!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged. But if you include a commercial link, it will be deleted. If you comment anonymously, please use a name or something to identify yourself. Trolls will be deleted